Assessment coming up! Here’s some practice:
We are lucky to be able to have some curling lessons at the Tartan this year. The kids did GREAT today!
Please note that a policy regarding the use of devices at Hawrylak School has been created and posted. It can be found HERE or on our school website. Students have been informed of the policy and it has been discussed and explained.
If you have any questions regarding the policy, please contact the school.
We have been learning about Angles in math. The Saskatchewan curriculum outcomes that we have been working with are as follows:
Shape and Space:
- SS6.1— Demonstrate understanding of angles including identifying examples classifying angles; estimating the measure; determining angle measures in degrees; drawing angles; applying angle relationships in triangles and quadrilaterals.
The Learning Goals that we have covered are:
And the vocabulary that we have learned includes:
We are still working on the unit but some of the students could use some extra practice. Practice pages for each lesson are found here:
I have been very delinquent in keeping up our blog, so I thought I would post some pictures of some of our recent activities in class!
We’ve done a number of art activities, but one has been working on contour drawing. The students used a stool as a first subject:
Our Book Tasting Event with Ms Ziegler’s class was a wonderful success!
We visited Stone Hall Castle to kick off our castle-building project!
I was away for a couple of days, due to illness, and I came back to glowing notes from our Guest Teachers. I was so proud of these kids!
We spent several days learning about The Day of the Dead, Dia de los Muertos, and created Sugar Skull pumpkins:
We spent time learning about Remembrance Day and did some reading activities about Animals in War:
We created postcards that were delivered to Veterans in Regina:
We helped our Little Buddies make a display of our hands, based on Jack Johnson’s song “With My Own Two Hands:”
We have also been working with a CREATE Artist, Derek Pho, to learn about drawing animals based on taxonomy! We are looking forward to two more sessions with him!
So many exciting things happening! Looking forward to meeting with everyone this week for our Student Conferences.
Enjoy your weekend!
The key to success in life and school is GRIT!
We will be finishing up our work on Understanding Number this week and we will be having a math test on
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2016
Here are the learning goals that we have been working on:
They relate to these SK Curriculum Outcomes:
- N6.1—Demonstrate understanding of place value including greater than one million with and without technology.
- N6.2—Demonstrate understanding of factors and multiples (concretely, pictorially, and symbolically) including determining factors and multiples of numbers less than 100; relating factors and multiples to multiplication and division; determining and relating prime and composite numbers.
- N6.3—Demonstrate understanding of the order of operations on whole numbers (excluding exponents) with and without technology.
- N6.6—Demonstrate understanding of integers concretely, pictorially, and symbolically.
We will do review and practice at school but if you want some additional practice, you can find practice work here: